We received an official statement from Supreme Grand Master Undo Caburnay detailing important organizational changes for Lapunti Arnis De Abanico International (LADAI) along with a list of recognized Masters and Grand Masters of Lapunti.
The official statement, which comes in the form of a sworn and notarized affidavit clarifies the status of former GM and head of Luzon Mr. Eldifonso “Eldie” Buanjug and the new organizational structure for LADAI. Full transcript and scan of the affidavit below.
The official list of Lapunti Masters and Grand Masters as of the 2014 promotions and recognition ceremony held in Cebu, Philippines can be found here.
I, PRUDENCIO “Undo” CABURNAY, Filipino citizen, of legal age, married, and a resident of Tisa, Cebu City, after having been duly sworn in accordance with law, hereby depose and say:
That I am the Supreme Grand Master and President of LAPUNTI ARNIS DE ABANICO INC, hereinafter referred to as the “ORGANIZATION”, a duly registered corporation with office and headquarters at Tisa Barangay Hall, Cebu City, 6000, Philippines.
That in my capacity as Supreme Grand Master and President of the ORGANIZATION, and taking into consideration its best interest, hereby:
1. Announce the immediate dissolution of all administrative, organizational, and/or branch offices of the ORGANIZATION in the whole Philippines, including, but not limited to, the Luzon office headed by Mr. Eldifonso “Eldie” Buanjug.
2. Entreat all schools and chapters of the ORGANIZATION in the Philippines, including those that were affiliated with Mr. Eldifonso Buanjug, to centrally report to my office headquartered in Cebu City. Administration of all schools and chapters in the Philippines shall henceforth be under my direct supervision.
3. Revoke effective immediately the rank, title, certifications, and rights conferred by the ORGANIZATION to Mr. Eldifonso Buanjug, This revocation includes the immediate expulsion of Mr. Buanjug from the ORGANIZATION.
4. Declare that all ranks and titles of the ORGANIZATION conferred by the previous offices in the PHILIPPINES, including those conferred by Mr. Buanjug, to individuals shall be retained, provided these ranks and titles were conferred according to the standards, guidelines, and by-laws of the ORGANIZATION, have been dully registered to the office of the Supreme Grand master, and the individual is a member in good standing of an authorized school or chapter of the ORGANIZATION. A complete list of individuals conferred with recognized ranks and titles shall be provided by my office and posted in the official web site of the ORGANIZATION.
5. Declare and reiterate that all promotion from Lakan level up to Grand Master in any school or chapter of the ORGANIZATION shall only and solely be conferred by the Supreme Grand Master. The complete process of this promotion shall be posted in the official web site of the ORGANIZATION.
6. Appoint LAPUNTI ARNIS DE ABANICO University of the Philippines Diliman Training Group to maintain the official and authorized website of LAPUNTI ARNIS DE ABANICO and post this affidavit, and all other announcements, memorandums, communications, and notes in the said website.
7. Appoint LAPUNTI ARNIS DE ABANICO University of the Philippines Diliman Training Group as advisory and executory committee for the ORGANIZATION. This appointment is temporary and shall be cancelled upon my discretion.
Further Affiant sayeth none.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto affixed my signature this 27th day of July, 2015 in Tisa, Cebu City, Philippines.
(Signed and notarized on July 28, 2015 in Cebu City, Philippines)